Gate River Run
Before I even left my trip, Chad told me that he was going to train for the Gate River Run in Jacksonville, and asked if I wanted to run it with him. It's a 15k (9.3 mi) on March 11, which means I have enough time to train, and it's a great goal. Count me in.
I have been trying out local gyms, trying to decide where I want my membership. There are enough gyms around here that I could probably go for a month or so on just trials, but I want to get something consistent going.
I've been lifting weights at the gym and running on the treadmill. I've also been running outdoors, usually around Chad's neighborhood. Sunday I ran 6 mi on the beach, though, which was incredible (nothing to keep you going like a pink sunset). Unfortunately, it's always dark when I get home during the week, so that will have to remain a Saturday/Sunday thing.
I'm so excited about getting into excellent shape again! :)
Here' a link to the race: http://www.gate-riverrun.com/
and here's a link to a training schedule that I'm using: http://www.halhigdon.com/15Ktraining/GateIntro.htm (click on novice, intermediate, etc)
I have been trying out local gyms, trying to decide where I want my membership. There are enough gyms around here that I could probably go for a month or so on just trials, but I want to get something consistent going.
I've been lifting weights at the gym and running on the treadmill. I've also been running outdoors, usually around Chad's neighborhood. Sunday I ran 6 mi on the beach, though, which was incredible (nothing to keep you going like a pink sunset). Unfortunately, it's always dark when I get home during the week, so that will have to remain a Saturday/Sunday thing.
I'm so excited about getting into excellent shape again! :)
Here' a link to the race: http://www.gate-riverrun.com/
and here's a link to a training schedule that I'm using: http://www.halhigdon.com/15Ktraining/GateIntro.htm (click on novice, intermediate, etc)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home