First day on the J.O.B.
I stayed up last night until nearly 3am trying to finish my digital portfolio after an attempt to print the portfolio that I completed by 7:30pm didn't work out. I was so nervous about the next day that I had to remind myself to breathe. Would I be able to stay afloat? Would the design skills that I did have resurface?
Chad and I drove separately to work, which I wasn't counting on (we talked about taking turns car-pooling the day before), so I had to do my makeup while driving. I was "that" woman. Oh no. I decided to plan better for days to come...
We arrived at the office at 8:30 sharp, at which time I was to have an interview/ meeting with my new boss and show him my portfolio. He came in a bit later and we went straight to our Monday morning Traffic Meeting, which details all of the new and in progress jobs for the week. Since it is a shortened week, all the deadlines have been pushed up and it's crazy busy, so I ended up having no chance to talk to him about it nearly all day. I did meet my other coworkers (5), though, all of whom seem very nice, and are all about my age.
I was given my first project first thing in the morning, which was an invitation to the boss's wife's father's (sister's uncle's dog's) 60th Birthday Celebration. This was a two part project, and when I finished and showed it to the boss, he seemed quite pleased.
We had a meeting for the website redesign pretty much at the end of the work day that lasted until about 7:15pm. The redesigning of the site turned into a big debate on the image that we're trying to portray as a firm, the clients we're seeking out, and what our priorities are. I brought up a relevant illustration project and solution that I had done in the past (the cruise ship being paddled by one man, "Without the proper equipment, a big job can seem even bigger"), and after the meeting, the boss came up to me and said that he really liked the idea of the symbolism of that being incorporated into the site's theme. Score.
"They like me, they really like me!"
Chad and I drove separately to work, which I wasn't counting on (we talked about taking turns car-pooling the day before), so I had to do my makeup while driving. I was "that" woman. Oh no. I decided to plan better for days to come...
We arrived at the office at 8:30 sharp, at which time I was to have an interview/ meeting with my new boss and show him my portfolio. He came in a bit later and we went straight to our Monday morning Traffic Meeting, which details all of the new and in progress jobs for the week. Since it is a shortened week, all the deadlines have been pushed up and it's crazy busy, so I ended up having no chance to talk to him about it nearly all day. I did meet my other coworkers (5), though, all of whom seem very nice, and are all about my age.
I was given my first project first thing in the morning, which was an invitation to the boss's wife's father's (sister's uncle's dog's) 60th Birthday Celebration. This was a two part project, and when I finished and showed it to the boss, he seemed quite pleased.
We had a meeting for the website redesign pretty much at the end of the work day that lasted until about 7:15pm. The redesigning of the site turned into a big debate on the image that we're trying to portray as a firm, the clients we're seeking out, and what our priorities are. I brought up a relevant illustration project and solution that I had done in the past (the cruise ship being paddled by one man, "Without the proper equipment, a big job can seem even bigger"), and after the meeting, the boss came up to me and said that he really liked the idea of the symbolism of that being incorporated into the site's theme. Score.
"They like me, they really like me!"

1 Comments:
thats awesome lil girl... im so proud. you show 'em how we do it in Savannah
By
Anonymous, at 9:05 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home