Day -1 & 0 Reunion in the SAV
After returning home to Pennsylvania for a grand total of 9 days, I hopped in my newly purchased car and started driving south.
I made the 12 hour trip to Savannah in 11 hours and went straight to the gym. I didn't do very much working out on the trip, with the exception of walking a ton, and I really miss my old routine from life in Savannah.
I showered at the gym and went to the Rail to meet my friend and ex-neighbor, Tracy (who was also kind enough to let me crash at her place). After only about a half hour, another good friend of mine surprised me by just walking in the door since I didn't realize he'd be back in town yet. We all had a good time and didn't make it too late of a night, wrapping it up by 2:00.
The next day I went to the (free) gym again, and did a (free) yoga class and used the new elliptical machine before drinking a (free) fruit smoothie from a company that was there that day. I ran some errands and cleaned up before heading into my old office place to visit. I saw some of my favorite "lil girls," my boss, and other office friends and was updated on all of the new scoop,. And although I do miss the place, I hear that much of what I liked about working there just "isn't the same."
I spent the rest of the night catching up with friends at dinner and the Rail. It was so nice to see everybody (although we're definitely missing some key people ;) and catch up. I still feel like I have my "family" there.
I made the 12 hour trip to Savannah in 11 hours and went straight to the gym. I didn't do very much working out on the trip, with the exception of walking a ton, and I really miss my old routine from life in Savannah.
I showered at the gym and went to the Rail to meet my friend and ex-neighbor, Tracy (who was also kind enough to let me crash at her place). After only about a half hour, another good friend of mine surprised me by just walking in the door since I didn't realize he'd be back in town yet. We all had a good time and didn't make it too late of a night, wrapping it up by 2:00.
The next day I went to the (free) gym again, and did a (free) yoga class and used the new elliptical machine before drinking a (free) fruit smoothie from a company that was there that day. I ran some errands and cleaned up before heading into my old office place to visit. I saw some of my favorite "lil girls," my boss, and other office friends and was updated on all of the new scoop,. And although I do miss the place, I hear that much of what I liked about working there just "isn't the same."
I spent the rest of the night catching up with friends at dinner and the Rail. It was so nice to see everybody (although we're definitely missing some key people ;) and catch up. I still feel like I have my "family" there.

2 Comments:
its not the because you're not there
By
Anonymous, at 8:58 PM
It's not the SAME because you're not there
By
Anonymous, at 8:59 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home